Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

March 26, 2018

new recording --- or not?

There are some pics and tweets of what looks like a JAM recording at the Oxford Literary Festival at the weekend. The team was Tony Hawks, Pam Ayres, Miles Jupp and the writer Felix Francis. It looks like a recording - the only thing that makes me suspicious is that sitting beside Nicholas is his wife Annie, blowing the whistle and keeping score!

Anyone know if this was a recording or just one of the occasional shows JAM puts on?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen Nicholas's wife before.

As she was the whistleblower I assume the game(s) was(/were) solely for the those present.

Felix Francis's face baffled me when I saw the photos of that event.

I haven't read his books.

3:44 am  
Blogger Dean said...

yes, it seems it wasn't a recording.

8:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it was specifically for the Oxford literary festival. I think they also did it last year.

6:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was just for the festival. I was in the audience. They played 2 games and I can't remember now who won, but I do remember Tony being particularly funny!

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home