Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

April 26, 2009

happy 10th - and last - birthday

My website turns 10 next month and Yahoo is coming to the party to make sure there won't be an 11th.

Yes, as you may have seen Yahoo is closing down Geocities the now venerable webhost that has hosted my JAM pages since May 1999.

Yahoo promises help with saving data but seeing as they haven't even written to me directly yet, I'm not all that optimistic that they will spend much time helping me.

Still they hosted it all for free for eight years and at minimal cost these past two years so I suppose I can't complain.

Nevertheless I am not looking forward to moving more than 800 pages to some other site, and adjusting the thousands of links.

I have a lot of thinking, and a lot of work to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Björn Jakobsson said...

I understand your frustration, but I do hope that you find some other place for all your wonderful and interesting material. There's a lot of us JAM-fans all over the world that frequently visit your webpage for information and entertainment - so let's hope it will continue that way. All the best and good luck! /Bj.

7:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home