Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

June 19, 2010

Peter Jones

This month it is 10 years since the sad death of this very funny man.

I've been listening to many of the older shows in the past few days and it confirms my view that the greatest panellists in the show have been Kenneth Williams and Paul Merton. But in third slot, I believe, is Peter Jones.

He's just such a funny man, not taking himself or the show too seriously, managing to get some fun into just about everything he says.

A great wit and raconteur, and dare I say it, a bit of a leader on the show.

And he's been gone for 10 years this month. Very sad.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Sherman said...

Agreed

1:36 am  
Anonymous Perra Dox said...

He is very much missed. Also been listening to mostly older shows recently.

8:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal top 5:

#1: Graham Norton
#2: Paul Merton
#3: Peter Jones
#4: Ross Noble
#5: Marcus Brigstocke

1:09 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recording on Friday 16th July and Friday 30th July, 2010. Both recordings will take place at the Radio Theatre, Broadcasting House.

12:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Paul Merton, Tony Hawks, Pam Ayers, and Peter Jones. I can't stop listening to JAM!

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home