Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

February 16, 2016

Nicholas looking frail?

There's been some discussion about this Daily Express story about Nicholas Parsons looking frail.and using a walking stick.

Nicholas is 92 now so it perhaps isn't surprising he looks old.

He is notoriously sensitive about his age soone suspects he is not happy about this sort of publicity.

In the radio sense though, the thing is his voice still sounds so strong.And he still seems sharp intellectually - he doesn't seem to be getting dithery in the way say Peter Jones did in his last few years.

So I think it is all a bit unkind to Nicholas. What do you think?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Lolster said...

This story is absolute trash. It is basically about a 92 year old man using a walking stick. Is that somehow not normal? And anyway they said Just A Minute began in 1964.

7:13 am  
Blogger Porochaz said...

He looks fine for 92.

11:22 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was just a ridiculous clickbait article, in very poor taste. I hope the journalist looks as good as Nicholas when he's 92.

1:14 am  
Anonymous Lolster said...

Are the Daily Express now going to write an article about Katie Price breathing? Why do journalists keep writing obvious statements about celebrities as if somehow they are hugely different to the rest of us? On a lighter note, I wish Dave Gorman would do more Just a Minutes, I watched his series on Dave and really enjoyed it. Failing that, get Richard Osman off Pointless to appear on the show, he would be really suited to it. Sorry if I am rambling on.

9:42 am  
Anonymous Pondydave said...

It was just nasty, and I cannot think why.

1:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was on a show a few weeks back called celebrity antiques Roadtrip, and he did what I could only dream of when I am 92, going round various antiques shops hoping to sell for a profit at auction, he missed one shop on the second morning, but was filmed enjoying a breakfast at a hotel....I call that pretty good going for a 92 year old! He was on great form and driving too!

10:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think if I were to look and sound half as good as Parsons when I am 92 (who am I kidding, if I am even alive at 92!) I would count myself an uncommonly lucky man indeed.

1:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home