Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

May 24, 2016

panel

interesting team for the last panel of the season - Paul Merton, Marcus Brigstocke, Holly Walsh and Josh Widdicombe. I love Marcus and are really glad Josh is getting another run so soon. Holly also did very well in her previous shows.

No debutant for the first time this year, but overall it is a less experienced group.

Sad that both seasons so far this yaer are just six shows.

Yet to appear this year over two seasons - Tony Hawks, Alun Cochrane, Liza Tarbuck, Sue Perkins, Julian Clary - will they pop up in the third season?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I alone in thinking there are too many players now? Both Josh and Holly deserve to return, but players like Tony, Sue and Julian are, to my mind, mainstays of the show (almost a modern equivalent of the classic quartet) and it feels like there's something missing when whole series go by without them! If we had two long series per year, like we had ten years ago, at least there'd be room each series for all the regulars and some new/less experienced players. I also wonder why Russ Noble hasn't returned. That said, I'm grateful for whatever shows we get!

4:00 am  
Blogger Porochaz said...

I was never a fan of Holly, I always felt she was a bit too mean-spirited for the game. I remember (although I might be thinking of someone else) that she and Giles were really horrible together, hopefully Marcus can do better with her.

I reckon Sue is almost certain to be in the last block as she is a mainstay (unless Bake Off is taking up the time? Might be why she isn't here this time?) but Julian and Tony have been appearing less and less as of late, so am not too surprised not to see them. That said, they have a good base of players now, I'd prefer them to utilise them than bring in yet more people, for every good player we get, we seem to get a few Esther Ranzens.

1:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home