Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

September 04, 2006

late in...

I'm in London and heard the replay of this week's show. Paul won easily. Pauline McLynn was there in her third show and was promising - she had good material prepared for the rounds she began, and seemed to get more involved than previously. She has a lovely jolly style - I think she could be someone we haer more of.#

Clement was comparatively quiet - after kicking off the first round he didn't get in again until the fourth round. He can go quiet sometimes. Owen O'Neill was still not much chop.

To my great surprise, this season will have 11 shows - the other Clement/Paul/Tim Rice/Ross Noble is airing next Monday. I presume that will be the final show, though who knows??? Maybe we will get 12... or 13... Last year's summer season was just nine shows.

Not that I'm complaining.

This year's season has been very good. Last season I mentioned the shows weren't so strong and I felt Paul had been quiet. This season he is firing on all cylinders - very funny and very much holding things together like the total pro he is.

I'm hoping to hear the second Clement/Graham/Pam Ayres/Marcus Brigstocke show later tonight - might even make a special trip to the Internet cafe to update things if time allows.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I hope we hear more of Pauline McLynn on the show next year. I think the other debutant Janey Godley also had a decent attempt.

The next episode is indeed the last in the series. Shame, but at least I have some great transcripts to read. As you haven't heard the Clement Freud/Graham Norton/Pam Ayres/Marcus Brigstocke show yet, I won't reveal who won.

My favourites on the show are Paul Merton, Clement Freud and Ross Noble. Unfortunately, as Noble lives in Australia now, we won't be hearing from him as often as we'd like. Clement's style of delivery never fails to raise a chuckle. His proposed epitaph - "He was not speaking when the whistle went" - went down a storm. And Paul Merton - well what can be said? ;o)

1:44 am  
Blogger Dean said...

I may be wrong but I don't think Ross has actually moved to Australia. He did spend like four or five months there this year - but I think he still counts himself a UK resident. But if you have better knowledge than me... :)

2:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wikipedia states that he married an Australian woman - known only as Francine - and they live in Melbourne.

1:42 am  
Blogger Dean said...

ah interesting - thanks :)

3:27 am  
Blogger Dean said...

Have been reading an interview with Ross where he says he has bought a house in Melbourne - but he still lives in the UK...

8:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home