Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

October 08, 2006

Sheila still grieving

from The Sun


Sheila still grieves for Thaw

By DEREK ROBINS

SHEILA HANCOCK says it’s still too painful to watch her late husband John Thaw’s TV shows four years after his death.

Sheila, 73, said: “I can’t quite face seeing him walking and talking, not yet.

“I should as it’s four years, so come on pull yourself together. There have been trailers and I’ve gone ‘Oh no, I don’t want to look.’

“I’m a great one for putting my head in the sand.”

The actress was married to Thaw for nearly 30 years before his death from cancer of the oesophagus in 2002 aged 59.

Speaking on ITV1’s Parkinson on Saturday at 10.35pm, she added: “One of the things you miss when you’re a widow is sensuality, you miss flesh, you miss skin, you miss cuddles.”

She also revealed how she has visited a hypnotist to get rid of stage fright and first night nerves as she prepares for her role as Fraulein Schneider in West End musical Cabaret.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home