Just A Minute blog

A blog on the BBC radio programme Just A Minute

Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

July 01, 2011

poll over!

Seeing as we didn't look like getting near the 100 voters total, I thought I'd close the poll, which ran on the yahoo group as well as here.

Votes were as follows:

Paul Merton 23
Ross Noble 15
Stephen Fry 13
Gyles Brandreth, Julian Clary, Tony Hawks 12
Graham Norton 11
Sue Perkins 10
Sheila Hancock 7
Marcus Brigstocke, Charles Collingwood, Jenny Eclair, Kit Hesketh-Harvey, Josie Lawrence 5
Pam Ayres, Shappi Khoprsandi 4
Liza Tarbuck 3
Fred MacAulay, Tim Rice 2
Chris Neill 0

The final results are about where the producers would be, I'd suggest. Apart from Ross and Stephen, the top raters are those that appear most frequently - and one imagines the producers would be delighted to have Ross and Stephen on more often.

Women didn't rate very well... Sue Perkins was best at eighth.

I feel a bit sorry for Chris Neill - I suppose I can't honestly say he would have received one of my four votes - but he's always been very funny on the programme, and is tops at banter and repartee. I think I'd have had him in my top 10.

The other interesting point to me is how well Gyles Brandreth did. You get a few people who say they dislike him but he adds something different. I think he deserves the rating he got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home